Can the Bible
Is there any reason to trust the Bible as a credible document? Is there any proof to believe that Jesus is God's Son?
It is true that sometimes the Bible uses allegories or parables to bring across a truth. Many times though the Bible is meant to be
taken literally. God's miracles are beyond our comprehension, so it is easier for us to reason it was simply a story not to be taken literally.
Examples could include the virgin birth, the resurrection, Noah's ark, Adam and Eve, any of Jesus's miracles etc. The Bible as a historical
document has far more credibility than epics such as Homer's Illiad and the Odyssey.
Three quick reasons to believe that Jesus is God's Son:
- 1. The Women... The women were the first ones to see Jesus after the resurrection. At that time in history (and unfortunately still sometimes today), a woman's opinion was not valued. Why would
someone try to prove Jesus's resurrection by writing a story about women first unless it was the actual truth?
- 2. The Day of Worship... The Jewish Sabbath holy day of worship and rest is on the 7th day of the week. This is the day that God "rested" after the first six days of creation.
Christians - who were almost entirely Jews at the time, changed the day of worship to Sunday or the first day of the week. Only something extraordinary could have made them do this.
The day of worship was changed to the first day of the week to commemerate the day Jesus rose from the dead.
- 3. The Disciples... The disciples had followed Jesus for about threee years listening to Him preach. Jesus told them that He was God's Son and that
three days after His death that He would rise again. After His crucififixion they ran away and hid themselves. They were scared and demoralized. What would explain the
miraculous turnaround of their attitude, unless they actually did see Jesus rise from the dead? Most of the Apostles died a martyer's death. Who would have died for a lie? The Apostles
saw Jesus after he was raised from the dead and thereafter lived boldly for Him.
What now? Since Jesus is actually God's Son, shouldn't you follow Him? God loves you and wants you to experience a full life in Him. You can know that you can be with God forever by simply trusting
1. Admit that you have sinned against God
- 2. Turn away from sinning against Him (repent)
- 3. Ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior
Remember, "being good" does not save us or bring us into a favorable position with God. Jesus has already paid the penalty for ALL of our past, present and future sins. God's simply
wants us to receive His gift of salvation by believing in Jesus by faith. After trusting in Jesus, we then do good works to show our love for God.